Senior Software Engineer (m/w/d)
We are looking for a top-tier senior software engineer to join our team on a permanent position in Berlin / Germany.
As part of the early team you work directly with the founders and have the opportunity to significantly shape our codebase and infrastructure. We heavily rely on technologies such as Python, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform and a continuous deployment pipeline to Google Cloud Platform. You will continuously improve, operate and own our Python-based software stack that powers our Machine Learning based trading platform.
Our platform is composed of a range of modern backend services and libraries that we develop in-house such as the Othoz Data Platform that continually ingests, validates, standardizes and stores financial market data from leading providers; the Othoz Research Platform that allows us to manage, evaluate and store Machine Learning models; as well as libraries such as our in-house trading simulation and risk analysis module.
You will take ownership for continuous development of those services and libraries; designing and exposing the underlying functionality via clean, maintainable and efficient RESTful APIs as well as reliably running the system in production.
Like every other team member, you enjoy taking full responsibility for transforming ideas into a rock-solid, well-engineered production system. We expect that you share our passion for high quality, elegant software architecture as well as well-tested, reliable and maintainable software.
Although neither a background in finance nor Machine Learning is required you are eager to quickly learn essential concepts.
- Degree in computer science or a related field and significant industry and/or open-source experience developing high-quality Python code
- Significant experience in efficiently modelling data using both SQL-like as well as key/value databases
- Demonstrated ability to engineer reliable and maintainable software systems
- You have written large amounts of quality code
- Demonstrated persistence when tackling hard engineering challenges that are not easily solvable
- Having the desire to be a part of the next big thing in the finance world and challenge established players from a backyard in Berlin
- Quick learner, excited to continuously learn new skills and technologies
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a highly skilled team
- Fluent in spoken and written English, good communication skills
- Previous industry experience in developing automated trading systems
- Previous experience in developing and maintaining large software systems and APIs as well as bringing them into production
- Experience in helping an engineering team grow
How to apply
Send an email to our co-founder Mathias containing your CV and relevant experience.
Dr. Mathias Eitz
+49 / 177 80 777 94