Are you ready to help us lead the AI-driven transformation of the financial industry? Join our team at Othoz!
Senior Full-Stack Machine Learning Engineer
What we do
Othoz develops world-class artificial intelligence systems that autonomously perform stock market trading, powering next-generation hedge funds and asset managers. Our underlying deep learning model continually ingests huge amounts of financial market data and learns to identify complex patterns and structure that hint at future market development. The system is self-learning and automatically adapts to time-varying market behaviour. Based on the model’s predictions about the future, our system creates and manages next-generation stock portfolios with strong and consistent risk/return profiles.
Who we are
Othoz is based in the heart of Berlin. Our team includes entrepreneurs, engineers and scientists that have worked at top-tier universities in Germany, the United Kingdom, the United States and China. The majority of us hold a PhD in a technical field. We enjoy superior quality, high reliability and great attention to detail in all aspects of our work. We are deeply technical, operating at the very state-of-the-art in deep learning research and are funded by private investors with significant track record and experience in the financial industry. Being part of the team at Othoz is one of the most exciting startup job opportunities in Berlin today.
We are looking for a top-tier full-stack machine learning engineer to join our team. As part of the early team you work directly with the founders and have the opportunity to significantly shape our codebase and infrastructure (Python, TensorFlow, Docker, continuous deployment to Google Cloud Platform). At the core of your position is designing, implementing, training and evaluating state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms that accurately model financial markets. Your position also includes designing large-scale data pipelines, improving our stock market trading simulation, implementing innovative portfolio optimization concepts and everything else that pops up along the early days of a startup. Like every other team member you enjoy taking full responsibility for transforming ideas into a rock-solid, well-engineered production system. Although a background in finance is not required you are eager to quickly learn essential concepts.
- Degree in computer science, machine learning, computer vision or related fields
- Experience in working with modern machine learning frameworks, large-scale data processing systems and cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability to engineer reliable and maintainable software systems
- You have written large amounts of quality code
- Demonstrated persistence when tackling hard engineering and machine learning challenges that are not easily solvable
- Quick learner, excited to continuously learn new skills and technologies
- Fluent in spoken and written English, good communication skills
- PhD degree in related quantitative field
- Strong publication track record in machine learning
- Industry experience with a modern development/research stack based on Python, TensorFlow, Docker and Google Cloud Platform
- Strong industry background in deep learning
- Experience in helping an engineering / ML team grow
How to apply
Send an email to Othoz' technical co-founder Mathias containing your CV and relevant experience.